Vote YES on Prop S
American Bach Soloists does not enter the political arena very often, but this election cycle we have an opportunity to increase funding for the arts in San Francisco. Proposition S, the Allocation of Hotel Tax Funds, returns the tax proceeds to the arts, for which they were initially created, as well as supporting underserved families with safe, affordable housing.
From the bettersf.com website, a Yes on Proposition S ensures a creative and compassionate San Francisco for all. Support Proposition S to:
- Fund individual artists, community organizations, nonprofit arts groups, and provide programs for underserved communities;
- Make art experiences more accessible and affordable for all;
- Support arts, cultural, and music programs for children;
- Help end family homelessness by providing housing and prevention services for homeless and at-risk, low-income families;
- Stand with over 70 arts, culture, and homeless service organizations that have come together to secure and increase funding for arts, culture and homeless families
Join American Bach Soloists, Alonzo King LINES Ballet, American Conservatory Theatre, Philharmonia Baroque Orchestra & Chorale, San Francisco Ballet, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Symphony, SFJazz, and so many others in supporting Prop S.
Twitter: https://twitter.com/bettersf2016 #YESonS
Thank you for continuing to support ABS and all San Francisco arts organizations.
Don Scott Carpenter