Academy Auditor Affiliates have access to all Academy activities and performances in order to observe the ABS faculty work with young artists on historically informed performance practices at the highest level. There will be roundtable sessions to compare notes with fellow auditors, ask questions of Academy Faculty, and a Q&A with the Academy directors to address all queries about recruitment, scheduling, and implementation of a program of this scale.
This unique opportunity to observe the acclaimed ABS Academy "from the inside” and learn from its faculty and organizers is open to directors of early music ensembles, workshop organizers, and early music educators, academics, and administrators. Applicants to the Academy Affiliates Program will submit a resume or curriculum vitae, and a Statement of Purpose describing their interests in the ABS Academy and anticipated outcomes from working within this elite training program.
• Directors and conductors of Early Music instrumental and/or vocal ensembles
• Academic collegium program directors or those who wish to start a program at a university, college, or conservatory
• Graduate students engaged in Early Music studies
• Active and future presenters of Early Music programs who wish to gain a greater understanding of performance practice
• Administrators of Early Music performance organizations
• Educators or teachers of Early Music performance
• Unlimited access to all Academy rehearsals, master classes, lectures, coachings, etc. and tickets for all performances
• Meetings with all faculty
• Meetings with ABS Music Director Jeffrey Thomas
• Opportunities to network with colleagues and performers
• Access to music scores of all works scheduled for performance at the ABS Festival & Academy
• Tuition for the 2-week program is $1,000 including tickets to all performances (ticket value of up to $400).
• Housing and travel is the responsibility of the Auditor. ABS can assist with low-cost accommodations.
• Follow the link below for more information and the application form.
• Application fee is $20